Tokio Marine HCC considers unusual insurance opportunities that incorporate credit risk, diminution in asset value risk, legal risk or other composite financial risks. Typically, the motivation of the insured for protection is driven by something other than pure risk transfer.
- Insureds with difficult risk mitigation requirements, unusual loss exposures or unique opportunities
Summary of Coverage
Key components of structured product transactions include:
- Alignment of interests between HCC Indemnity Guaranty Agency and the insured and beneficiary
- Agreement to work collaboratively and non-competitively to create value
- Customized policy form to meet the transaction objectives
- Transparency and full disclosure to all interested parties
- Eminent domain and condemnation and casualty insurance for real estate financings to protect against a government taking and failure to pay sufficient compensation
- Tax credit insurance to indemnify investors for recapture of tax credits (LIHTC, NMTC, HTC, Film, Renewable Energy, Solar and Wind)
- Private equity structured liquidity insurance
- Bespoke insurance and reinsurance transactions for financial guaranty or other financial assets
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Europe, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Our products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of our almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts. Each of our highly entrepreneurial businesses are equipped to underwrite special situations, companies and individuals, and acts autonomously to deliver effective solutions.